This is the perfect delicious, easy and quick soup to make on a cold day- especially if you have veggies in your fridge you want to get rid of!
What you’ll need:
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Any quickly cooked veggie, I used mushrooms and broccoli
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups coconut milk
- One “square” of Vermicelli noodles or any type of thin rice noodle
- Fresh cilantro, Thai basil, red chili and green onions to garnish
How to make it:
- Combine the garlic, ginger and curry paste in food processor. Add the vegetable oil and combine everything well.
- In a large pot, heat the curry-coconut paste over medium heat, frying the paste gently for 1-2 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth slowly and deglaze the pot. Add the coconut milk and bring the broth to a boil. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Add the veggies of your choice and let them boil for a couple of minutes.
- Either place the noodles in the boiling broth, or pour the boiling broth into a bowl of dry noodles and let the soup sit while the noodles cook and soak up the hot broth.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, Thai basil, red chili’s and green onions.